Are you experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19?
Here at WBS we’re committed to helping our members and our community through these uncertain times.
If you’ve been financially impacted by the COVID-19 situation and as a result you are experiencing financial difficulties or hardship in meeting your borrowing commitments, talk to us to see how we may be able to help.
Due to the number of enquiries we’re receiving it may take us a little time to respond to you, but to help speed up the process we’ve set out some guidelines and information you may find useful to review before you get in touch:
1. Are you currently suffering financial hardship as a result of COVID-19 events?
The high volume of enquires we’re receiving means we’re prioritising those customers who are already experiencing financial difficulties. We’re always happy to talk you through potential issues and solutions, but for the next few days we’re focusing on assisting those most in immediate need.
2. Have you reviewed financial support options that may be available to you under the New Zealand Government’s COVID-19 financial support package?
Before getting in touch, please ensure you have visited: https://covid19.govt.nz/government-actions/financial-support/ and understand the options that may be available to you. There are several support schemes that are potentially available to you:
- If you can’t work because you need to self-isolate or cannot work because you are sick with COVID-19 or caring for others affected by COVID-19; or
- If you’re an employer, contractor, sole trader or you’re self-employed.
3. If you are an employee have you discussed with your employer how they will support you through the next few weeks?
Your employer may be able to access financial support to assist you and should be keeping you advised of what this means for you.
4. Have you or your employer applied to Work And Income for financial support?
Further details on what is available and how to apply are available here.
Understanding what support is available will help you and WBS to better understand what your financial situation is likely to be over the coming weeks.
Having this information will help us to fast-track your application for financial hardship relief and make sure we come up with the right result for your personal circumstances.
Help us to help you and together we’ll get through this.
Please note that we are currently seeking further details of the Mortgage Holiday and Business Finance Support Scheme that has been recently announced by the NZ Government. We will update the guidance on this page to reflect any updated information we receive about this scheme.
Once you’re ready please complete the COVID-19 Financial Hardship Enquiry Form below and we’ll get back to you to discuss your options.