This COVID-19 information is current as at 13th May 2020. Any updates will be posted here.
Update as at 13th April 2020
Our doors are open again for (almost) business as usual
However, to meet NZ Government guidelines we will have some restrictions in place to protect our community, customers and staff.
These restrictions mean that:
- Our doors will be open from 9.00am to 4.30pm but with controlled access.
- In branch we’ll be applying measures to ensure we all maintain social distancing and contact tracing.
- To help us manage virus transmission risks:
- We can’t accept external cash over-the-counter
- We’ll be continuing to encourage customers to access cash via contactless/electronic means wherever possible.
Otherwise its business as usual meaning we’re here to assist with all your lending and investment needs.
We’re here to help and committed to our community which is why our dedicated staff will continue to make themselves available and do everything we can to assist you.
You can also continue to access all our services via:
T: (06) 370 0070 | E: [email protected] | W: www.wbs.net.nz
FAQs Customer FAQs: COVID-19 Alert Level 2
1. Are you open under Level 2?
Yes, our doors will be open from 9.00am until 4.30pm under Level 2, but with some restrictions in place to protect our staff and customers and meet NZ Government guidelines.
2. What are those restrictions?
- a) Access to the branch – to ensure we provide a controlled environment we will be following Government guidelines in terms of ensuring appropriate social distancing is maintained including:
- Controlled door access
- A limit on the number of customers in our branch
- 2 metre separation of customers and staff including clear signage and in-branch instructions for customers to follow
- b) Restricted services – the use of cash continues to be a key risk for virus transmission and in line with this we will be limiting cash-based transactions based on the following guidelines:
- Over the counter cash deposits will not be accepted – please transfer funds into your account via alternate means. Please ask us for details
- Over the counter cash withdrawals will only be undertaken for those experiencing hardship and with no other means of accessing cash – talk to us about the alternate ways we can help you can access your funds
- No coin changing
- There will be no access to internet banking in the branch
- All other services including, savings, investments, loans and the usual great personal service are still all available.
3. Are you still lending to customers?
- Absolutely – now more than ever we know there is a need to support our community and we’re putting our balance sheet to work to help kickstart our region
- We’re happy to talk you through your options either in person, in the branch, by phone or via email
- If you would like to meet in person, or in the branch, please contact us ahead of time to make an appointment.
4. Am I able to open a fixed term investment or savings account?
- Yes, we are able to help you open a new fixed term investment or savings account
- We’re happy to talk you through your options either in person, in the branch, by phone or via email. Details of our current great rates can be found here
- As always, we’d like you to review the WBS Product Disclosure Statement for further information about your investment options
- If you are planning to come into the branch to discuss your investment options, please contact us ahead of time to make an appointment.