Certification of Identity Documents
- Signed passport and proof of address*
- Firearms licence and proof of address*
- Driver licence and bank card or driver licence and SuperGold Card (both front and back of each card) and proof of address*
- Driver licence (front and back) and a current bank statement showing proof of address*
*Proof of address can be a current bank statement, utilities bill or government issued document – issued within the last 12 months
The certifier must:
- sight and take a copy of the original document
- write their full name, occupation and date, and sign the copy no more than 3 months prior to us receiving it
- write one of the following statements on each of the copies:
- for photographic identification documents: “I certify that this is a true copy of the original document, which I have personally sighted, and the photograph is a true likeness”.
- for all other identification documents: “I certify that this is a true copy of the original document, which I have personally sighted”.
Who can certify:
- New Zealand Honorary Consul
- Chartered accountant
- Notary public
- Justice of the Peace
- Registered medical doctor
- Registered teacher
- Police officer.
The certifier cannot be:
- someone who is related to you; for example a parent, a child, brother, sister, aunt, uncle or cousin
- a spouse or partner
- a person who lives at the same residential address
- a person involved in the transaction or business requiring the certification.